I’m very happy to see that a rock band, Parokya Ni Edgar, was the big winner for Tuesday nights MYX Music Awards 2012 with a total of 6 awards.
To be honest, I’m not a big fan of the award show. But, it does recognize some of the bands we like.
I, personally, didn’t like the opening number. I would rather see the actual artists perform their own songs instead of other performers do it and completely ruin it for me.
Either have the real artists play or don’t play anything at all. I mean, seriously, how are you gonna turn a rock song into pop music with dance numbers? Are you fucking kidding me? Also, bitches who can’t rap shouldn’t be rapping. Just my opinion.
Here are the results for the MYX Music Awards 2012
- Favorite Music Video: “20/20″ by Pupil
- Favorite Song: “Pangarap Lang Kita” by Parokya Ni Edgar Feat. Happee Sy
- Favorite Artist: Parokya Ni Edgar
- Favorite Female Artist: Yeng Constantino
- Favorite Male Artist: Gloc-9
- Favorite Group: Parokya Ni Edgar
- Favorite Mellow Video: “Kay Tagal Kitang Hinintay” by Sponge Cola
- Favorite Rock Video: “Halik” by Kamikazee
- Favorite Urban Video: “Elmer” by Gloc-9 Feat. Jaq Dionisio & Jomal Linao
- Favorite New Artist: Zia Quizon
- Favorite Collaboration: “One Hit Combo” by Parokya Ni Edgar Feat. Gloc-9
- Favorite Remake: “Unbelievable” by Chicosci
- Favorite Media Soundtrack: “Fallin’” by Sarah Geronimo (Catch Me I’m In Love)
- Favorite Guest Appearance In A Music Video: JM De Guzman (Pangarap Lang Kita) by Parokya Ni Edgar Feat. Happee Sy
- Favorite Myx Celebrity VJ: Somedaydream
- Favorite Myx Live Performance: Parokya Ni Edgar
- Favorite International Video: Firework by Katy Perry
- Favorite K-Pop Video: Mr. Simple – Super Junior
- MYX Magna Award Special Citation: Ryan Cayabyab